CASACOM Communications is looking for a driven, passionate individual to join the Toronto team as a part-time Intern. The ideal candidate is proactive with a take-charge attitude, able to multi-task with keen attention to detail. He or she will support our team with client projects, media relations, events and overall day-to day activities.
Working with CASACOM is an opportunity for anyone to grow and excel as a member of an award-winning team with a stimulating and innovative approach to public relations.
CASACOM is looking for a part-time intern (3 days a week) starting in January 2018. Our ideal candidate will progress from an intern into a full-time coordinator role within the first year: Key responsibilities include:
- Daily media monitoring and tracking client media coverage
- Media and blogger relations support
- Developing and updating media lists
- Assisting with event logistics and coordination
- Various research tasks (competitors, new business, etc.)
- Actively participating in brainstorming sessions
- Assembling press kits and managing mailings of product samples
- Assisting business development
- Social media development; posting on Twitter and Facebook
- Writing and proofreading various texts (press releases, memos, etc.)
- Executive visibility for clients (identifying award and speaking opportunities, conducting social media audits of top execs, etc.)
- All other supporting tasks
- Optimistic and positive attitude
- Assertive and takes initiative
- Superior attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong background and up-to-date knowledge of PR, communications and the ability to keep connected with trends in digital media
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to build and sustain positive, mutually supportive relationships
- Exceptional writing skills and the ability to proofread and copy edit
- Capable of coordinating multiple projects and ability to shift priorities on a daily basis
- Team player
- Superior computer skills using Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong digital capabilities
- Internship experience (an asset)
- Previous agency experience a plus
- Undergraduate degree in Public Relations or Communications mandatory, Post-grad diploma preferred.
- $15/hour (8 hours a day – Monday to Wednesday)
This position is located at the CASACOM office in downtown Toronto at 777 Richmond Street West, Suite 102. Please email your resume and cover letter to Andrea Mancini at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, we are closed for the holidays and will respond to applicants the first week of January.